Feed Children with us - St. Matthew’s has partnered Food For Others’ “Power Pack Program” (“P3”), a program that provides weekend meals for students at local schools who receive free or reduced lunch. Each student enrolled in the program receives a Ziploc bag containing breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a healthy snack for Saturday and Sunday in his or her backpack each Friday. St. Matthew’s has committed to provide 60 of these bags each month, 50 of which will go to students at nearby Weyanoke Elementary School, a school with which we have partnered as part of our commitment to ministry with at-risk children in our community. As a way to kick-off our P3 commitment for the year, we are asking every person at St. Matthew’s to bring specific supplies to church every Sunday between now and October 6.
The schedule is as follows:
- 9/8: Drinks (100% Fruit Juice Boxes/Pouches)
- 9/15: Breakfast item (Oatmeal packets, Breakfast Bars, Cereal Cups, etc.)
- 9/22: Lunch Item (Noodle/Chicken Soup Cups, Tuna Salad Kits, etc.)
- 9/29: Dinner Item (Chili Cups, Mac & Cheese Cups, Individual Pasta/Meat Cups, etc.)
- 10/6: Snacks (Cheese and Crackers, Fruit Cups, etc.)
These supplies can be dropped in the baskets labeled “P3” near the front and back entrances. We hope to surpass our goal of 60 bags a month and collect enough supplies between now and October 6 to make 500 bags for the program during our October 12 Fall Service Day.